Thursday, March 29, 2012

Flower Pot

For Mother's Day, I made flower pots with pictures of my kids on them for the grandmas and great-grandmas.  Since I am on spring break, I decided to make them early and give them out on Easter.  They can enjoy them for an extra month! :)

How I made them:
1)  Bought a ceramic planter and saucer
2)  Printed wallet size black and white photos of the kids (my pots needed about 20 pictures to cover)
3)  Painted them both completely (inside, outside, top, and bottom) with a white acrylic paint
4)  Dried overnight and then used hot glue to adhere the pictures to the pot
5)  Sprayed a clear acrylic coat of spray to the entire outside of the pot and let dry
6)  Tied a thick ribbon around the top lip of the pot (I glued a few of them without a bow too)
7)  Put a coffer filter in the bottom of each pot to help keep the planter clean when watering
8)  Added a cup of potting soil to the planter
9)  Planted the flowers in the soil and covered with additional potting soil
10) Water and enjoy! :)

Here are some pictures of the 6 planters I made for Mother's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment